<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: ST. PATRICK'S DAY WREATH

Friday, March 9, 2012

ST. PATRICK'S DAY WREATH

Hello Hello!  Happy Friday.  I hope you have enjoyed this amazing weather this week.  I am so ready for Spring. 

I wanted to make something simple for St. Patrick's Day to hang on our door.  For some reason, I was really feeling a rectangular wreath... so I went with it. 

Here is a picture of all my ingredients (yes, I know that's for food items, but I have my own language):
  • Large frame from the dollar store
  • Quilter's Batting
  • Green Fabric
  • Burlap
  • Three Colors of Green Paper
  • Buttons
  • Ribbon
  • Hot Glue Gun


I wrapped the batting (that white fluffy stuff) around my frame and glued it down.  I then added the green fabric the same way.  The reason for the green fabric - I wanted to be able to see a hint of green through the burlap - not the white stuff. 


I finished by wrapping it in burlap.  (Many burned fingertips later... ) Next, I made three lucky clovers.  I cut 1 1/2 inch ribbon as you see below:


Make sure after you cut your ribbon like the one above you singe the edges so they do not fray.  (I am realizing that each step of this process is all about me burning my fingertips)

Fold the flat edge in three, and sew together with a needle and thread.  Connect 4 together with the thread or hot glue.... I chose the sewing here because my fingers were already sore. 

Once I had the four together, I added a button to the center (glue).  I placed each of my shamrocks on bunting I cut out with my Cricut.  (What can I say?  That thing gets a workout in my house!)


I did chalk the edges a bit to give the light paper a bit of dimension.  I then added ribbon to connect the three pennants together. 

The pinwheels are next.  Did you just scroll down to see the finished product?  CHEATER! 



I cut 12 x 12 paper into strips and then accordion folded them.  I connected the ends with gluedots.  Ignoring the pics of my fingers, you gather it together in the center pull the other ends out.  In the center, squirt some hot glue in and push flat. 

They will turn out like the third pic above.  I added a few doo dads in the center of each - buttons, circles of paper, etc.  You can make as many of these as you wish, and your choice of size. 

I have even made these on a much larger scale for parties.  There are some great tutorials out there on Pinterest. Pin-addicted?  ME?!?! Noooo...

Are you ready for the result?  I was thrilled with the way it turned out.  I hope you like it too!



Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Have a great weekend!

Cheryl

1 Comments:

At March 10, 2012 at 8:44 AM , Anonymous Shawna said...

Love this...love the tutorial. Great job!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home