<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: KIDS BATHROOM BEFORE AND AFTER

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

KIDS BATHROOM BEFORE AND AFTER

Well, Well... HAPPY SPRING!
It's finally here... warmer breezes and windows open.  I just love the smell of fresh air in the house and the look of a fantastic spring coat. 

To share in the spring feeling, I thought I would share the first room of our home.  When we moved in 5 years ago, this is one of the first rooms we did. 
I wanted something FUN.  I was pregnant... in the throws of nesting... you know what that means?  move out of the crazy pregnant lady's way!

Both our bathrooms are super tiny with no windows.  When we moved in, the main bathroom was painted a darker green color with a fan-tabulous border.  EEWWW.

Sorry about the grainy photo.. old camera.  BUT, you can totally see why we need to change it up to something bright.

I bought a bold, fun striped shower curtain from Tar-get and decided that I wanted to mimic the stripe on the wall.  The hubby thought I was crazy, but that's nothing new.  I have come up with some good ones and always pull him along for the ride.  He wuvs me!

Here is the beginning of the taping and stripes on the wall.  I drew the lines and then marked them like a color by number.  I used acrylic paints from the craft store.


The pic on the right is how it looked after it was done.  The stripe goes all the way around the room and is about 6 inches wide.  After it was done, I painted a gloss coat over top to protect it.


When you get close, it does have a few blemishes, where it bled through the tape, but not that much.  It was a first try. 

We were about to have The Bug, so we were not able to change out the gray tub / toilet (who puts gray in a bathroom?!?! bizarre.) But we did change the top cabinets, faucet and light fixture. 

We hope to eventually change up the floor and the vanity cabinet.  I'm sure by that time we will want to do something completely different!  Here's the finished look...




It's cheery, right?  The bathroom is perfect for the kids and mommy, too!  Have you ever done something crazy with paint?  How did it turn out?  I would love to see it!  Thanks for checking out part of our home! 

Cheryl



2 Comments:

At March 21, 2012 at 1:46 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

I love how everything is so coordinated. You should hire yourself out to help those of us who stink at decorating.

 
At March 21, 2012 at 2:38 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Thanks Kathy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home