<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: LADY BUG BOW HOLDER

Friday, March 23, 2012

LADY BUG BOW HOLDER

Hey Hey! Friday is finally here...

So The Boo is soon to be in a big girl bed.  I cannot wait.  I have been dreaming about what her big girl room would look like since I found out we were having a girl.  I decided on a lady bug theme so long ago, and have been slowly buying or writing down ideas for what seems like a year.

I did have an issue though.  Someone has purchased or made a TON of hair bows for her.  I have no idea who that could be....

I needed a place to store all this fancy hair adornment.  I searched a bunch of websites, but could only come up with the one ribbon holder idea.  I had a gazillion a bit more bows to hold. 

This is what I came up with.  A lady bug made out of fabric with all the legs being separate to hold bows.  That would give me MUCH more room!  Here's the drawing in my little black book (you heard about that here)

I am sorry to say that I did not take pictures of the process it took to create the bow holder.  If so this could be a better tutorial. 

I will briefly explain the elements and creation.  Oh wait.  You wanted to see it?  Here is the finished product.

Here's the lowdown.  I cut out the ladybug with my Cricut.  What would I do without it??!?!? I used it as a pattern for my red and black fabric, as well as interfacing. 

I pinned right sides together and made sure to place my ribbons inside, the top loop for hanging and the antennae.  Note: I used two ribbons back to back with a wire in the middle so I could shape the antennae when I was done.  I used hot glue to seal the wire in.
I sewed around the entire thing, leaving a small opening to turn right side out.  Once that was done I added a piece or two of quilter's batting to give it a little shape. 
The last step was to stitch around each spot.  I just used a zig-zag stitch and made them super tight together. 

Don't look too close... I'm no expert seamstress.  I just love the way it turned out if I do say so myself.  One step closer to the lady bug room for The Boo.  All her bows fit for now...

I can't wait to get started with a bucket of paint and tons of accessories.  I will be sure to share with you along the way!  Have a great weekend...

Cheryl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home