<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: DRESS UP YOUR GLASSES - GOING GOLD!

Thursday, September 5, 2013

DRESS UP YOUR GLASSES - GOING GOLD!

Hey Hey! How are you today?  I hope you are feeling challenged to go gold! Didn't here about what going gold means?  Click here.  Please share the links at the bottom of this post and visit them to show your support for Childhood Cancer Awareness Month!

I recently saw this really cool mug on Pinterest and I just had to try it out. It's from Good and Messy to see her original post click here.  It is such a cute, simple craft. 

I grabbed a few mugs and wine glasses at the dollar store and a few Sharpies at Wal-mart.  I cut out letters with the Cricut and used a Xyron to make it a sticker.  
I added it to the mug and just made dots all around the letter.  Dot. Dot. Dot. Very easy and it only took me about 15 minutes.  

After it was complete, I removed the sticker and baked it in the oven at 250 degrees for an hour.  I placed it in the oven before I turned it on and then let it cool completely in the oven after turning it off.  
I loved it so much that I decided to add some dots to wine glasses to make them special!
The gold on all of them looks awesome and really does look metallic.  LOVE. love. love.  

Just for kicks, I did one in an emerald green.  The only thing that went wrong with this one is that I happened to buy an extra fine point Sharpie.  UGH.  The dot dot dot took about a half hour.  LOL.  
I think these are super gifts.  You can really personalize them and any sticker would work.  Once you remove the sticker, I suggest just rubbing off any leftover residue with a Q-tip and some rubbing alcohol.  Be careful not to hit your dots.  

I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!  Remember, all my projects this month are GOLD to remind you that September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month.  Here a couple of links to bloggers that are sharing their stories. Please go out and leave them a comment to let you know you are supporting them in their fight!

Mary Tyler Mom is featuring Pediatric Cancer Mommy Bloggers each day in the month of September - click here

Check out the Tom Coughlin Jay Fund - they are doing amazing things for families of children with cancer.  Feel free to help them out and donate.

Happy Weekend all!  Keep going for the GOLD!
Photobucket





I'm linking up with these fabulous blogs - go check them out!
Craft-O-Maniac
Skip to My Lou
Setting For Four
Someday Crafts
Clean and Scentsible
Not Just a Housewife
Love of Family and Home

12 Comments:

At September 5, 2013 at 10:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

fantastical!!! Love it! Love the green one too!!! I think I may do this for Christmas gifts :)

 
At September 5, 2013 at 10:33 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Thanks girl! I'm super happy you like it! I happen to know someone who has lots of Sharpies you could borrow. LOL. wink wink!

 
At September 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Super cute! I'm definitely pinning this for later. :) I'm glad that I caught sight of this cute project on the Craft-o-Maniac link party! :)

 
At September 9, 2013 at 8:17 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Thanks Diane! So happy you liked it!

 
At September 11, 2013 at 11:30 AM , Blogger L.A. said...

That mug is so gorgeous and easy to do! Can't wait to make some of these for Christmas! Thanks for sharing :)

 
At September 11, 2013 at 6:25 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Thank you L.A.! I just love the glamorous gold!

 
At September 11, 2013 at 9:56 PM , Anonymous Aida@thecraftingfoodie said...

What a great project - something I could probably have the kids help me make. It would be a great gift for teachers, and we could fill the mug with some baked goods. Thanks for sharing!

 
At September 12, 2013 at 8:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really cool! I did something like this with drinking glasses and paint, but this seems way easier (and less time consuming)!

 
At September 12, 2013 at 6:55 PM , Anonymous Corinna Ashley said...

YES YES and YES! Freaking awesome! I need that mug in my life, and you've prepared me to do just that!

 
At September 13, 2013 at 12:40 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Great idea! I love it for a cute teacher gift! Thanks Aida!

 
At September 13, 2013 at 12:41 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Thank you!! The sharpies are such an easy thing to use! So glad you liked it!

 
At September 13, 2013 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

LOL. Thanks Corinna! I'm so happy you liked them :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home