<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: CLOSET DOOR UPDATE

Saturday, August 24, 2013

CLOSET DOOR UPDATE

Hi there!  How was your week?  It has been a busy one for us!  The Bug is heading to first grade and we were very excited for Meet the Teacher night!  

Today, I wanted to show you a simple update I recently did to our closet doors in the dining room.  (I know, closet doors?  in the dining room?  our house is so teeny that the coat/linen closet is in the dining area ... fun fun)

When we re-did the dining room awhile back I originally stained all the molding with Jacobean stain from Minwax.  To keep it similar I thought staining the closet doors would be good.  OH how I was wrong.  The staining elves were having a good chuckle at how they turned out.  
Bad, right?  Not only was the stain job terrible, but the 4 dark doors sucked the light out of the room.  UGH.  I debated what to do.  I finally decided to paint them the same color as the ceiling.  A creamy white.  
They look better!  I also helped with the light-sucking problem.  Gave the room a bit of a boost.  The other thing I added this time was handles!  Really pretty, simple handles from Lowe's (allen & roth).  
I just love them.  It is a great little touch to make it look a little classier. 
What do you think?  Improvement?  I am so excited about some of the things coming up for the blog!  I can't wait for you to see them.... I hope you are having a great weekend!! 
Photobucket





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home