<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: ORANGE CRANBERRY WHOOPIE PIES

Friday, December 20, 2013

ORANGE CRANBERRY WHOOPIE PIES

Happy Friday all!  Around my full-time job, this is a great day... weekend here we come!  Recently though, I traveled to the office for our annual work Christmas party.  It is so nice to take time to see my co-workers and hear about their adventures.  

Every year, we are asked if anyone would like to bake for the dessert table. They provide the yummy lunch (thanks KB and KP!) and we provide the sweetness.  Now, this is where it gets embarrassing. I always bake. always. I just didn't bake these...
No, I didn't buy cookies this year, but I did make something very basic because I ran out of time.  Why is this embarrassing, you wonder?  Because, when I got to the party this year, a fellow co-worker said "OOO, what did you make this year?!!?"  LOL.  You see, last year I created a recipe for them -(posted here) Mini Peppermint Bark Cheesecakes.  AAnnnddd, once you have made "a special" treat, it's expected.  OOPS.

This is what I was planning to make for them, it just didn't happen until this week.  Sorry ladies!!
I love orange and cranberry together.  It's very holiday feeling and a whoopie pie just sounded right this year!  Turns out, these were much easier to make than I originally thought.  WOO HOO!  I love easy recipes, don't you?
Orange Cranberry Whoopie Pies

For the cookie/pie part:
4 cups flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tbsp. grated orange peel
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups orange juice
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups frozen, fresh cranberries, chopped 

For the filling:
2 - 8oz.  packages of cream cheese, softened
1 cup butter, softened
6 cups confectioner sugar
2 tsp. vanilla

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in one bowl.  In a larger bowl, mix all remaining ingredients except for cranberries.  Add dry ingredients to wet all at once.  Stir just until combined.  Fold in cranberries.  

Using parchment paper, drop amounts of batter by tablespoon (or 2 tbsp if you want them bigger) onto cookie sheets.  Bake at 400 degrees for 9 minutes.  (11-12 minutes if you dropped by 2 tbsp).  Cool one minute on sheet and then remove to cooling racks, covered with parchment paper.  

While cookies are baking, mix filling recipe ingredients with mixer until well combined.  Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.

Once cookies are cooled, match up closest sizes and shapes.  Pipe filling (however much you like) onto bottom of one cookie and place the matching one on top.  Press gently to sandwich together.  Continue until done.  Makes about 36 whoopie pies.  (1 tbsp size)
Can I just say.. OH.MY.YUM.  I love the orange and cranberry!! I hope your holidays are merry and bright!! Great big squeezie hugs to ya!  Thanks for stopping by... reading... have I told you that you are AWE-SOME?!?! 

Follow on Pinterest / Like on Facebook
Photobucket


3 Comments:

At December 21, 2013 at 1:17 PM , Blogger Brandi said...

Oh how delicious! These look so amazing.

 
At December 22, 2013 at 7:29 AM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Hi Brandi! Thanks for stopping over to say hi :) Hugs!! Cheryl

 
At October 22, 2018 at 4:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

My friends likes whoopi pie to make when inviting me whose favorite food I like bread and cream

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home