<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: FALL LITTLE GIRL CAPELET - GOING GOLD!

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

FALL LITTLE GIRL CAPELET - GOING GOLD!

HI! So glad you are here today!  Did you know that My Cup Runneth Over is honoring Childhood Cancer Awareness month in September by going gold (the color for the cause)?!?!?!  Have you taken the challenge of letting people you know that it is Childhood Cancer Awareness?  If so, you are AWE.some.  

Today's project is one that I am super excited about.  I just love when a plan comes together, don't you?  I just love fall and I have wanted to make my daughter, The Boo, a fall cape for soo long.  I am in love with how it turned out. 
OK, here's how easy it was.  I cut my fabric in a large circle.  I made mine 26 inches in diameter.  I measured The Boo's neck and cut a circle (5 inches diameter in the center).  Cut the same two circles out of GOLD lining fabric and then cut a straight line to make the opening.  
All I did for the collar was fold my remaining fabric in half and then cut a 3 1/2 inch half circle out using the center circle from above as a guide.  I am so sorry - I totally forgot to take pictures as I was sewing.  I got in the zone and just kept going.  

OK, so my tutorial is crap.  BUT, hopefully the end result will inspire you. I attached "leather" (vinyl), rope and wood buttons for toggles to the front as well a hook and eye at the neck.  
A gold headband and shoes complete the "ready for pumpkin picking" outfit. I love that it is lined and technically, we could put the gold side out too. Reversible! (This is The Boo trying to show you her gold lining...)
Totally in love with the look.  Plus, what a fun time we had taking pictures! After we were done, we went on an acorn hunt for our fall decor this year! OH how I looooovvvee FALL!  
Have you made anything cute for fall?  I would love to see it!  Leave a comment or shoot me an email!

AND, please, please before you go.... click over to these great websites to share your support for Childhood Cancer Awareness
Pediatric Cancer Foundation of the Lehigh Valley is sharing Mom's of pediatric cancer kids letters / stories.  Click Here

There is also a Congressional Childhood Cancer Caucus each year in September to discuss and promote federal efforts for childhood cancer awareness.  Click Here to check it out.

Have a great week!  Keep GOING GOLD!
Photobucket





Linking up with these super fun parties!
The Lettered Cottage

4 Comments:

At September 11, 2013 at 1:24 PM , Anonymous The Mom said...

Boo you look great!!Mommy you did a great job with no pattern...impressed all the way!!

 
At October 17, 2013 at 7:13 PM , Anonymous Aubrey @ Homegrown & Healthy said...

This is too too too cute!

 
At October 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Thanks so much Aubrey!! So happy you stopped by :)

 
At October 31, 2013 at 12:05 AM , Blogger Allie said...

OMG I love this! Can I commission a piece? Nora is sooo cute!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home