<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: POTTERY BARN LIGHT

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

POTTERY BARN LIGHT

Well, Well, Well.. that's right.  We are finally a "well" household again! 

Sorry about last week folks.  It seems the fam went down for the count with the stomach flu.  It was not pretty. 

I had this post all planned for last week as I was doing the happy dance.  Did you see it?  Just there?  The WOO HOO I am super SUPER excited about what transpired over my kitchen sink dance? 
I'm not sure how to explain the dance except to say that it was part jig and part jumping up and down.  Can you tell I'm smiling?!!? 

Our kitchen is small, dark and not what I dream a kitchen should be.  It's the opposite.  I keep joking with the hubs that I'm going to push the wall down and expand the house.  He gives me the stink eye and I laugh.  We only have one window in the kitchen and it doesn't help with the small feeling. 

Like many houses we have the connector over the sink from cabinet to cabinet.  With the cheesy globe light.
UGH.  Even looking at that picture makes me cringe.  It blocked extra light and... just yuck.
As you can see the name of the blog carries over into my life.  And just look at the fabulous light... Ok, enough bemoaning.  ENTER:
OH yes! That's right people. The bag I know I dream about. See that happy dance again?


I finally wore down my Dad enough to install the pendant light I got from the Pottery Barn Outlet. WHAT?!?! Outlet? We are lucky enough to live about an hour and a half away from fabulous Lancaster, PA and they have blessed me by having an outlet.

The prices aren't all rock bottom, but you can find amazing deals. Especially for lighting. What we assume happens is that they use the lighting fixtures in their stores and then, when they change up the layout, they send all the fixtures to the outlet stores. This one came as is - no box, taped on screws and exposed wires. You don't want to know how much I paid for it... I don't want you to be sad that you don't have one.

So here is my dad, the electrician, and my hubby, the attic crawler, expertly taking down the original light and connector cabinet thingy. (Oh yeah, that's a word.)

I was so giddy with excitement. I think my Dad rolled his eyes about 50 times. I just had to hug it out with him. The extra light it let into the room was wonderful. My hubs then crawled up into the attic - YUCK - to pull the new wires. While they did that, I snapped some pics of the light. I was a bit anxious.

Isn't it PUUURRtty! In. Love. We have some work to do to clean up where the board was - spackle and what not, but let's just enjoy the sunlight that comes in and the beautious light fixture, shall we?





EEEE! Still makes me giddy! Doing another happy dance...

Cheryl

2 Comments:

At April 3, 2012 at 6:54 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

Love that light and what a difference taking down the connector cabinet thingy makes! Look great:)

 
At April 3, 2012 at 7:12 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Thanks Kathy! As my Mom would say... It's great to let in more of God's light!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home