<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: DIY 4TH OF JULY NECKLACE AND HEADBAND

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

DIY 4TH OF JULY NECKLACE AND HEADBAND

Hello!  How are you this rainy day?! Well, it's rainy here in PA this week.  If you have sunshine, I'm jealous!  

Funny enough, I started out this post with one idea - a 4th of July necklace.  It turned into two things because the original plan ended up being too MUCH. Yup, shocker, right?  Too much stuff on one piece.  
Here's the inspiration.  I "inherited" this necklace recently.  It wasn't something I would just put on for kicks, but I thought I could turn it into something.  Always.  Sometimes I have to laugh at my brain and how it works.  
I purchased this brooch, thinking I could add it to the beads once I doubled them.  This is where it split into 2 projects.  The "firework" was a bit much with all the beads.  

So, here's what I did for the headband.  I removed all the gems from the piece and got out some navy nail polish.  I painted the entire thing so it was blue and then re-added new sparkly gems all in clear.  (they were a smoke color originally) 
I also bought cute ribbon - don't you LURVE! this red chevron ribbon.  I swoon.
I just added it to a headband, added the firework and BAM! super simple cuteness!  
The necklace was a bit more challenging because I've never really put beads together or worked with pre-strung stuff.  I added a line of circle beads with fishing line and tied each end up tightly.  
I added the ribbon by putting through the last circle bead on each side and sewing across.  You could totally do hot glue too, I just happen to have my sewing machine already out.  

The last thing I added was a couple of cute anchors!  I've been a bit obsessed with them of late, and wanted to do it up a bit nautical.  Why not?  
I'm excited that it turned into 2 projects.  Now, I have a necklace and the Boo has a headband - we will coordinate for the holiday!  

I hope you love it!  I know I will be searching out some red shorts to wear with my necklace... Have a great rest of your week and thanks for stopping  by!!  I would loooovve to hear from you!

Follow on Pinterest / Like on Facebook
Photobucket




Linking up with these fantastic sites!!
Someday Crafts
Tatertots & Jello
Craft-O-Maniac
I Heart Naptime
Skip to My Lou
Not Just a Housewife
Lolly Jane
Lil Luna
Mom On Timeout
Someday Crafts
House of Hepworths
Love of Family and Home
All Things with Purpose
Reasons to Skip the Housework
Life with the Crust Cut Off
Setting for Four

5 Comments:

At June 25, 2013 at 12:59 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I adore these! Pinned.

Pretty please share this on a link party that I host with 4 other blogs called Moonlight & Mason Jars (live Monday at 5pm EST thru Sunday at midnight). We feature 5 blogs who link up every week.

Xo,
Jenn Pilgrim
The Newlywed Pilgrimage

 
At June 25, 2013 at 10:36 AM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Thanks Jennifer!!

 
At June 25, 2013 at 10:37 AM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Thanks so much Parrish!!

 
At June 26, 2013 at 11:12 AM , Blogger Trish - Mom On Timeout said...

I just love that necklace! So fun!

 
At June 26, 2013 at 1:09 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Thanks so much Trish!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home