<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: DIY FOOTBALL COASTERS - POTTERY BARN KNOCK OFF

Friday, January 24, 2014

DIY FOOTBALL COASTERS - POTTERY BARN KNOCK OFF

Hey there! Are you excited it's Friday??  

I am really excited about the Superbowl coming up!  Not being a die-hard fan of either team, it makes it easier to pick team and cheer for fun.  

A few years ago, I purchased these coasters from Pottery Barn for my hubby. It's probably the only thing I could afford in the store at the time ;).  I knew they would be great for our football basement.
I only bought one pack, and have been wishing I had more for when others come over for the big game.  After rolling it around in my head for a bit, I knew I could DIY them.  Here's what I used to make my own football/sports coasters:
Turf rug, cork mats (aren't these AWE-some??!  A mat stack of CORK!), wide mouth mason jar lids, and adhesive.  (I used Liquid Nails Clear Seal).

I traced the lid and cut out the cork for the bottoms, and traced the inside to cut out the turf rug - make to use utility scissors for this part.
Simply glue both cork and turf to the mason jar lid and you have fun, easy DIY sports coasters - your very own Pottery Barn Knock off!  I did use the green color cork from the mat stack on the bottom of the coasters.  I liked that it goes with our team colors.  
I can't wait to use them for Super Bowl!  I even added a little football touch with an apple cut in a football shape to my Woodchuck Draft Cider!  Yup, that's right.... I enjoyed the bowl of popcorn and this yummy beverage right after I took the pictures!  Waste not, right?!? 
Be sure too stop back next week, I'll be sharing something else for your Super Bowl festivities!! Have a great weekend!

Follow me on Pinterest / Like us on Facebook
Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home