<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: RAINBOW LOOM CLASSROOM VALENTINES

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

RAINBOW LOOM CLASSROOM VALENTINES

Hey there! Happy New Year!  I hope your holiday was relaxing and fun!  I know ours was a whirlwind of good times. Today, I am excited to share The Bug's Classroom Valentines with you!  
I do love Valentine's Day!  What better than a day full of hearts and flowers and hugs, right? This year I am especially excited, because The Bug and I came up with the idea together.
He got a Rainbow Loom from Santa this year, and I can't determine who is more addicted to it. Him or me! So it seemed obvious what we should give this year to his classmates.  

The Bug picked out the colors of the bands and beads we would use to make them extra special and we got to work.  

Here's everything you will need:  Rainbow Loom Bands, Clips to make them into a bracelet, beads (optional), and some craft paper. This is what the boys and girls bracelets look like.  We chose a fishtail style. (Check out this website for lots of tutorials using the rainbow loom)
We did a little photo shoot and I took pictures of The Bug holding his wrists together like a heart and then took my image over to Pic Monkey. I made the picture black and white with the red accent heart using the Focal Black and White Option.
I added the font "Valentine, you've got me wrapped around your heart" using Pic Monkey as well. I saved it and had it printed out. You could print on your own home printer with 4X6 photo paper, but mine was acting possessed.  
By putting a couple of cuts using a utility knife on either side of his wrists in the picture, I slid the bracelet in each side.  Now, it looks like he's wearing the bracelet! I added a piece of cardstock to the back just to hold everything together.  
We are ready for giving!!  An easy DIY Valentine for little $$!!  Plus, the bonus of some quality time with The Bug making the bracelets!  So fun! Maybe I'll let him he will let me use the loom more often.  LOL.  

Thank you so much for coming on over today!  I'm so glad you are here!  Have a great week!

Follow me on Pinterest / Like us on Facebook
Photobucket





Linking up with these fabulous blogs!
Clean and Scentsible
Someday Crafts
Love of Family and Home
Reasons to Skip the Housework
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Remodelaholic
Tip Junkie
Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
That's What Che Said
Craft-O-Maniac
Just a Girl and Her Blog
Lil'Luna

10 Comments:

At January 7, 2014 at 9:10 PM , Anonymous The Mom said...

great joint effort!!! picture and bracelet looks great.....

 
At January 8, 2014 at 6:19 AM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Thanks Mom! XOXO!

 
At January 8, 2014 at 11:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

So cute! My daughter makes a ton of these, but we never thought about adding them to a Valentine's card--thanks for sharing! Dee :)

 
At January 8, 2014 at 3:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a cute idea, and original! My youngest son received a loom for his birthday recently and is addicted as well! Last night he asked, "Mom do you think this is a girl thing?" I laughed because he wasn't worried until he returned to school after the holiday and found that GIRLS! had taken up his craft...I pinned your project and he will be happy to see another boy crafting!

 
At January 8, 2014 at 3:30 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Hi Dee! Thanks so much for your sweet comment! We do seem to be a rainbow loom factory here since Christmas! LOL. Have a great day and thanks again for saying HI! Cheryl

 
At January 8, 2014 at 3:34 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Hi Paula! You are right! My son gets a bit worried when I start using pink and purple in bracelets! He wanted to take one to school today, so I think he's right, and it's a total unisex thing. Thanks so much for visiting and commenting! Makes my day :) Have a great week! Cheryl

 
At January 11, 2014 at 8:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ack! This is awesome! We are now a Rainbow Looming family (as of Christmas and because I have to help when my daughter gets stuck, ha!) and this is perfect for our homeschool group's Valentine's Day party. Thanks for the great idea, PINNING!

 
At January 11, 2014 at 9:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, and I'm stopping by from Remodelaholic!

 
At January 13, 2014 at 8:02 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

YAY! I'm so happy you like it, Jenny! We had such a fun time doing it, too! It would make a great party favor! cool idea :) Thanks so much stopping by! Hugs, Cheryl

 
At January 21, 2014 at 1:20 AM , Blogger OneKriegerChick said...

Thank you for linking up to the Hit Me With Your Best Shot Link Party Last week. Hope to see you and your Awesome ideas tonight at 7 EST!

~Ariean http://onekriegerchick.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home