<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: COUNTY FAIR PARTY

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

COUNTY FAIR PARTY

Howdy!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend!  I'm not sure if my head has stopped spinning yet from all the cooking, packing, traveling and hosting. 

Speaking of my everyday life... I would like to share with you one of the most special events I've created and planned.  At the end of last year, my Mom turned 60.  GASP.  I just revealed her age.  No worries, she is ok with that, right Mom?

I wanted to do something really "her", she deserves the world for all that she has done for me and my family, and we don't often get a huge shindig thrown in our honor.  Lucky for me, her hubbie was willing to let me take the reins and throw the party at their house, and spend some of his moola to get it together.

The party needed a theme and after some web browsing with my mom in mind, I came up with a County Fair Party.  My mom is the best cook I know and I can actually remember her entering contests at the local fair for her cake decorating ability.  She totally deserves blue ribbons for her canned dilled pickles and strawberry freezer jam. 
Aren't the flowers beautiful?  We have this A-MAZING place named Produce Junction.  I got all the flowers (8 table centerpieces and 2 groupings for other tables) for only $40.00.  
Here is the invite.  I wanted something simple that went with the theme.
The pennants on the invite were made from a paper pack called "Nana's Kitchen."  That is how the color schemes for the party were chosen. 

I also started my love affair with PINTEREST for the party.  Have you heard about it?  LOL. Here are some of the ideas I used. The sign for the photo booth.
Pinned Image
 (Source)
This great tutorial on how to make the "pinwheels"
Pinned Image
And this sweet table set-up
Pinned Image
I was so excited to make all the wonderful details.  I only wish I had time to do more.  Are you ready for the picture montage?  (I'm totally channeling the movie The Sweetest Thing right now.  total goober.)

The centerpieces were on a fake grass mat (rug bought at Lowe's then cut into circles) with flowers, an apple votive candle, and a bucket of peanuts for snacking.
I made a photo booth with open frames tied onto my Mom's clothesline and stacks of hay bales to sit on. I just threw random pattern fabric over them to reduce the hay sticking to places no one wants.  I made mustaches on skewers and bought tiny cowboy hats for the ladies.

I also created a pennant banner to hang and we lined the inside of the tents with white lights.
The food, drink and dessert tables all also included fabric pennants I made, the pinwheels (instructions above) that I placed on the chalkboards behind the tables.  One chalkboard I had and the other I just used chalkboard paint on the back of a piece of leftover beadboard.
We had lots of fair type foods - YUMMY - deep fried veggies, burgers and dogs, potato pancakes, corn on the cob covered with butter and parmesan, soft pretzel bites with dips, fruit salad, and caramel corn.
The pickles as decor above are ones I stole from my Mom's stash.  Told you they were yummy!
The drink table had Lemonade with frozen strawberries and I even found Coke in glass bottles.

Last but, certainly not least was the dessert table.  MMMM... my favorite! Sorry about the picture - the sun was not cooperating with me.



LOL - drooping pie pop.

 
 Ok, I don't about anyone else, but I am getting hungry.  The great part is, my Mom was surprised pulling into her driveway after work to see tons of cars at her house, but she totally loved it.  What a great celebration for an AMAZING Mom.  A. MAZING. 

Thanks for coming by! I would love to see your parties! 

Photobucket

3 Comments:

At April 10, 2012 at 5:14 PM , Anonymous Ginna said...

I loved this so much I stole everything for a party I had to host! Ty bff lol

 
At April 10, 2012 at 10:45 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

Can I hire you to plan a graduation party for my daughter, Christine? I love the country theme.

 
At April 11, 2012 at 7:25 AM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

LOL. You could just do what Ginna did and steal all the decor to use. I still have everything and Sarah knows where I live. hahaha.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home