<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: I HEART INSPIRING GIFTS!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

I HEART INSPIRING GIFTS!

OK, so the title says it all.  I love getting a gift that makes me want to run down to my "craft space" and become the Tasmanian devil of creating.  Oh yes, and I hate it. 

WHAT?!?! It's such an oxymoron.  There are times when I have so many things already going on and getting a gift that sparks me into action is a blessing and a curse. 

It's result: I just end up making a MESS.  The kind of mess that makes me want to cringe after the inspiration fairies have left me feeling like I ran a 5K race.  A big sigh comes out when I realize everything I have to clean up.  However, I do usually end up with a new crafty item to give to a deserving friend keep for myself.

My Mom was sweet enough to purchase this adorable stamp set from Close To My Heart.  It is super duper FUN!  You can use it in so many different ways.  Thus, I became a woman possessed. 
Here is the end result of my crazy use of the stamp (it's called Trees and Things).  Side note.  I am in no way affliated with Close To My Heart, nor was I paid to talk about them.  I'm just a girl who loves their product, and uses it with reckless abandon.
How's that for inspiration!  I was on a roll!  I love that you can use the stamps separately in so many different ways.  First, I made a party favor bag.
It's just my handwriting on there, but you could also print on the bags.  For some reason in the picture, it looks like the ribbon is fake?!?! Weird.  It really is tying the bag closed.

Next was a thank you card with one of my favorites.. grey and yellow.
That one is going in the mail this week - I needed to write a thank you card anyway.  Score!  Next a gift bag..
I absolutely love to stamp with white ink on a brown bag!  It gives me joy, what can I say?  Next a fun summer card.  (I used the bottom of the tree trunk stamp to make the "stakes" for the hammock.
Wow.  Aren't those lanterns so adorable?!?!  And last but not least.. one of my favorite reasons I wanted the stamp: the tire swing!
That swing is just too cute for words.  So, how did I do for an afternoon with one stamp set?  Getting gifts is a treasure in life, but having a gift that inspires is priceless because it keeps giving to others as well. 

C'mon back on Saturday!  This post was about a gift I received, but Saturday I'm going to share a gift I gave. 

Like it says above, Life... sit back and enjoy the ride.  Make sure to spend a little time relishing the joy!
Photobucket

Linking up with the fabulous ladies at Six Sisters Stuff!

1 Comments:

At May 28, 2012 at 1:10 PM , Blogger Six Sisters said...

These are such fun ideas! We appreciate you linking up with us!! It's so fun to see all of the great ideas and recipes! We hope to see you back again soon! -The Sisters

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home