<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: A SAD BENCH REFRESHED

Thursday, April 19, 2012

A SAD BENCH REFRESHED

Hello again! 

Just wanted to share a really simple spray paint project I finally finished this week.  When we moved into our home, the landscaping was already completed as I talked about yesterday

There were plants and trees, but really no place to put pots or seasonal decor.  I found this bench for $20.00 at a store closing sale.  It was not pretty from the beginning.  Full of wood putty and cracks, but for outdoors, the lighter wood color was fine.  I just wouldn't suggest sitting more than a plant on it.

So, after about 3 years of outdoor wear, the bench was looking pretty messed up.  I decided last fall that it needed a makeover. 
The additional aspect of the makeover was that I was going to be hosting a college friend of mine and her family.  I had not seen her in 8 years and had not met her family.  I was so happy and excited that they were coming, but you know the feeling.... the panicked knot in your tummy as you look around your messy home and want everything to look like it does in a magazine. 

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely knew my friend wouldn't care if we lived in a run down shack with weeds growing everywhere.  However, I wanted her and her family to want to come back again. 

I grabbed my leftover can of black spray paint and thought, "easy project and will look tons better out in front of the house." HA!  Nothing is ever easy when you need it to be.  I got pretty much the entire front done and ran out of spray paint.  Just my luck!  There was not enough time to run to get more.

I put it back out front and hoped that it looked good when they drove up to the house.  Even if it looked bad when you see the back.  They probably couldn't even tell you today that there was a bench there.  But I knew it, it really only was in my head.

Sorry, long story, not short. ;)  I did the original spray paint job in October, so spray paint weather left me before I could finish it.  ugh.  I had to look at it all winter.  Here's the better version of a very simple bench.
The wood is still bad and it's cracked, but from a distance it looks great with some potted flowers. 
Finally back in its place.  Ready for me to add some plants or summer!
Happy Spray Painting!!!  Welcome warm weather...

Photobucket


1 Comments:

At April 19, 2012 at 9:39 PM , Anonymous Ginna said...

Lol Wish I still had a bench! Freakin trash pickers!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home