<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: HITTING THE FAN

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

HITTING THE FAN

Happy Wednesday!

This post is long overdue.  It was to be put up last Tuesday, but it seems life had other plans for this blogger. 

It started with the spray paint plans I had for an old fan I really wanted to use.  I purchased it years ago at a flea market for $12.00.  I planned to spray paint it then and I completed that project- seems like forever ago.  Here's what it looked like after the first spray paint job.
It was originally a dull, light gray all over.  I painted the frame and blades silver and the base black.  The GE symbol in the center is how it was originally. 

The problem with the redo?  It just never seemed to "fit" in any room of the house.  The fan or the colors.  So it has been lurking in the house completely out of place.
I am determined to have this fan in the house.  I do love it.  So what's a girl to do?  Let's decide to spray it again!  Why not, right?  I think it needs to find a home in our master bedroom.  I have been slowly changing up the colors in that room - more on the bedroom redo later ;). 

I found a really nice Valspar spray paint in nickel - it looks like a mix between a silver and and light gold.  I wanted to spray the entire fan this color for a more monochromatic look. To get rid of the black, too.
Sooo... I headed outside to start spraying the bottom.  I was excited to see what it would look like.  Spray. Spray.  WHAT IS HAPPENING?  I noticed one side of the bottom was bubbling right up off the base.  EEEE!

Oh the dismay.  A project gone wrong.  I now need to strip both layers of paint off the entire base.  No after picture to show you.  Bummer. 

I should have known that is was the beginning.  I was trying to get pictures of something else to share on Tuesday and low and behold...BAM.  Strep throat.  UGH.  Fever.  Horrible.  I was down for the count most of last week. 

What is the saying?  Feed a cold.  Starve a fever.  So true.  I did not feel like eating anything!  Once I felt better though, I wanted to eat everything in sight.

So, in honor of starving a fever -  the rest of this week is FOODIE Week here at My Cup Runneth Over. 

I promise to finish the fan and show you the "after" pics soon! 
Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home