<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: A HOUSEWARMNG GIFT - BUTTON INITIAL

Monday, May 14, 2012

A HOUSEWARMNG GIFT - BUTTON INITIAL

Hello! I hope your Mother's Day was super special! 

I have been a crafty maniac this past week.  I can't wait to show you some of things that I got done.  I am trying to be on a mission to get rid of the clutter in our home and it sucks me in! 

My bff Ginna, aka The Enabler, recently purchased her first home.  It was super exciting, and we have been talking about how to make it their own decorated space.  (Much to her husband's chagrin...) It's so much fun to have a clean slate to start with and slowly change it to be totally you! 

So, of course I wanted to make her something for her new home.  She had been hinting that she needed something like I made for our wall - a button framed initial.  I thought I would show you too!  I think it makes a nice housewarming gift!
 It turned out exactly how I wanted. And lucky for me, she liked it!  Here's a quick version of what I did.

First, and probably the most important, find your background paper or fabric and the buttons that match.  I used scrapbook paper and burlap, but you can use anything that matched your decor.
I took the glass out of my frame, added the paper and spray glued the burlap on top of that.

I cut out my letter with the Cricut to the size I wanted, but if you don't have a Cricut - you could print out your letter just using a Word document and then cutting it out with a pair of scissors.  I traced it onto the burlap and just started placing buttons.
Once you have them all placed, just use a hot glue gun and carefully glue each button.  If you get close enough you can see the glue, but if it's hanging on the wall, people don't inspect it. 
It really is a simple and easy project.  For an extra bonus, here's the initial one I made for our dining room.
And here is mine in action.  Maybe the Enabler will let me add a picture of hers on the wall too once she gets it up. 
Wow.  I do love that plate on the wall!  That's another story though for later...

Have a great day folks!  I'm so glad you stopped by!
Photobucket



I'm linking up with these great sites!
Tip Junkie handmade projects

4 Comments:

At May 14, 2012 at 6:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, what a wonderful job.

 
At May 14, 2012 at 7:51 PM , Anonymous the mom said...

Great job!!!The Enabler is lucky

 
At May 14, 2012 at 11:12 PM , Anonymous Pauline said...

Love it....def. something I could do....just gotta get my ass moving....lololol

 
At May 15, 2012 at 8:38 PM , Anonymous Ginna said...

I am lucky!! Super Lucky!! Thank You Cheryl!! I guess I forgot to tell you that I need you to come up with the design for my picture collage as well! Then.... and only then will you be able to share a picture!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home