<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: SUMMER WREATH

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

SUMMER WREATH

Hello Again!

So, part of my Mother's Day gift was the ability to "crazy craft" this past weekend.  I love the gift of time!  Nothin' better than feeling like a mad scientist in the craft room.  WAHAHAHA...

I have been wanting to make a new wreath for the back door with a summer theme.  It's looking bare and I've racked my brain for a fresh idea.  And finally, last week, inspiration struck.

I loved this wreath on Pinterest, but wanted to change it up just a bit.  The idea of the grass was so adorable; I knew I had to incorporate it. 
I had the scrumptious hubby run to pick me up a pool noodle and we cut it and duct taped it together.  NOTE:  I would probably not use this again for a wreath.  The duct tape does not hold it together very well and it starts to come apart.  Next time, I will buy the foam form!
 I purchased a small amount of red gingham fabric and then cut it into strips about 3 inches wide.  I just started wrapping them around the wreath to make my "picnic tablecloth." 

I then just added the green grass yarn (I used the same as Patty in the link above.) to the bottom to seem like a picnic spot.  After making a couple of pinwheels and adding them with bamboo skewers to the wreath, I thought it would be complete.
It needed just a little extra something!  I decided that summer for us is about catching lightning bugs / fireflies... whatever you wish to call them.  I created my own with a button and put him on the top. 
I just love a picnic!  Hanging outside in the backyard, having some lemonade and watching the kids play.  This wreath reminds me that summer nights are upon us... let the relaxing BEGIN!
What are your plans for the summer?  I would love to hear about them!  Thanks for stopping by and Happy Wednesday!!
Photobucket




I'm linking up to these fabulous blogs!
Tip Junkie handmade projects

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home