<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: CHRISTMAS TABLESCAPE

Saturday, December 22, 2012

CHRISTMAS TABLESCAPE

Hello! Hello!  Are you ready for your holiday yet? Has this ever happened to you?

You get the call.. yep, that's right.  Your sister-in-law Suzy has strep throat.  She can't have Christmas dinner at her house.  Could you possibly host?  The family swears they will bring all the food.  It is 2 days away!

Warning bells start going off in your head as you look around the house at what you thought was a "safe" mess, because you were going out for Christmas dinner.  You start to panic... sweat is pouring out of your pores.  Things get "stashed," toilets get scrubbed, vacuuming is completed.

Uh-oh.  What should you do with your table?  I have the perfect solution for you!  Here is a super simple tablescape made with dollar store items, the great outdoors and a scarf from your hubby's closet!

Throw down a scarf on the table.  It makes a great table runner!! Grab some mason jars, Epsom salt, dollar store votives and ornaments (or pull some from your tree!).
Gather some greens and pine cones from outside or get greens from the local produce/grocery store.  You can even pull apart a fresh wreath you catch 70% off!
I set up my mason jars at various heights just using small gift boxes.  Throw down the greens (random is best!), mason jars and add in the pine cones and ornaments.  
 It will look great all the way around!
For a place setting, I used a jingle bell (dollar store) and tied my napkins with twine.  Super simple!
I know this set up only took me about 20 minutes to throw together with things I had around the house or outside.  Fresh greens always make things feel more fancy to me.  Like you spent HOURS arranging it.  
I wish all of you a holiday of love, joy and of course, stress-FREE! Hugs to you!!
Photobucket





Linking up with:
Just a Girl and Her Blog
Thrifty Decor Chick
Like a Saturday

YAY!  Thanks to Christy at Confessions Of a Serial DIYer for featuring my tablescape!

8 Comments:

At December 22, 2012 at 5:04 PM , Anonymous Ginna said...

You amaze Me!!!!!!!!!!

 
At December 22, 2012 at 6:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE!!!!! I so Love the $ store.....it agrivates me when people knock it....you can get the best stuff there.....the table looks awesome!!!!! Love you girl!!!!!

 
At December 23, 2012 at 2:41 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

XOXO...

 
At December 23, 2012 at 2:42 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

You know I love that Dollar Store girl! ;) Love ya!!

 
At November 30, 2013 at 11:16 PM , Blogger Christy James said...

I love this, Cheryl!! It is simple, but super high impact. I'm excited to be featuring it at our Get Your DIY on party tomorrow night! I hope you'll be joining us again this week. Our new theme is Christmas Wreaths and Door Decor!
XO,
Christy

 
At December 1, 2013 at 12:22 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

YAY!! Thank you so much Christy!! What a great treat to round out an awesome holiday weekend! So honored to be featured - XO, Cheryl

 
At December 18, 2013 at 11:24 AM , Blogger Joy@Thrifty Parsonage Living said...

Your tablescape looks lovely! I love how creative you were and used a scarf for a table runner!

 
At December 18, 2013 at 11:49 AM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Thank you Joy!! A scarf is a quick fix to a blank table!! Happy Holidays - thanks for stopping by! - Hugs, Cheryl

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home