<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: A BULLETIN BOARD REVAMPED

Thursday, August 9, 2012

A BULLETIN BOARD REVAMPED

HI there! I am so super excited to show you what has been going on here in our humble abode.  I have been slowing working on little things for the past two months to redecorate The Boo's (our daughter) bedroom. 

I like to purchase everything, have everything ready and then, in one weekend, totally transform a room.  It's tons of prep work, but the result is stupendous.  I feel like I'm on an episode of Trading Spaces.  (I was SO addicted to that show!)  Plus, the element of surprise for our kids is fun too!

We redid her room from a baby nursery to a big girl room... sniff..sniff... a bit verclempt.  A big girl bed, no more crib for our 2 year old little girl going on 16.  I have been dreaming of doing her room with ladybugs ever since we found out we were having a girl.   

But you will have to wait in suspense for the final pictures!  For now, I'm going to show you some of the projects that went into her new room.  The first was a bulletin board for pictures and such. 

I started with a large bulletin board I had received on a trade for a large poster frame.  I just love a good trade - thanks Dylan! 
It even came with leftover tacks!  I took off the outside frame and covered the board with a layer of batting.  I just stapled it to the back.  White fabric went over that - I just made sure to stretch it tightly.
I added additional trim to the bottom, again using staples, and also added fabric flowers to the tacks so she had something pretty to hold things up.  Here's the before and after of the flower tacks.
I just cut flower shapes out of some leftover sparkly red satin I had from Boo's Wonder Woman Halloween costume last year.  To make the flower you singe the edges over a flame.  Let's not talk about my affliction of burning myself... I piled the layers together and sewed them together, added a few beads and hot glued the tack on the back.
This is the board.  The more I looked at it, I knew it needed a frame around it.  My original plan was to add a ribbon for it to hang from, but a frame would keep it up better. 
I also added some additional pushpins by putting buttons on the front of the tack including one ladybug one of course!  I purchased a piece of molding and a 1X2 for a frame. 

The scrumptious hubby made a box around the outside of the board with the 1X2 and then attached the frame to that.  I offered to do it, but for some reason he does not trust me with the miter saw.  WHAT?!?! Go figure.  Let me just say that I could do it, but he secretly loves making this stuff, but plays it off like he's "helping" me.  He cannot fool me.  Guys, humph.  Here is the final result of her board.
I couldn't resist adding some pictures of us for the big reveal!  OOOOO... I cannot wait for you to see it!  SOON!  I promise.  Have a great weekend folks!
Photobucket

1 Comments:

At August 10, 2012 at 9:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the concept of having a bulletin board to put picture on and not the wall, love ya the mom

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home