<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: BEFORE & AFTER: LADYBUG LITTLE GIRL ROOM

Monday, October 1, 2012

BEFORE & AFTER: LADYBUG LITTLE GIRL ROOM

OH BOY! I just love a before and after, don't you? 

There's something about a transformation that inspires me!  Much to the chagrin of my family and friends, I can gather and hoard things for months (or longer) until I have everything together to make the "after" happen.

I must like suspense.  I admit I was totally in love with the show "Trading Spaces."  Remember that?!?! Ok, maybe I should stop dating myself.  LOL.  That was the idea behind changing The Boo's (my daughter) room from nursery to a big girl room. 

My mom graciously housed the kiddos for the weekend and the hubby and I got to work.  I wanted it to be done, so when she came back it was a completely different room.  Grand plans, right? 

Here's the nursery we did before The Bug (my son) was born. (neutral carries through!) Hard to believe these pictures are 6 years old!
When we found out we were having a girl the second time around, I found this beautiful quilt I just couldn't wait to purchase.  Problem?  Nah, just seems it was discontinued.  LOL. 

I waited it out and I was still able to get it.  I think ladybugs are a very adorable theme for a little girl's room.  I wanted it to look classy without being overly "ladybuggy."  Wow Cheryl.  New word. 

Here is The Boo's New ROOM!
I have to say.  I was completely afraid of the red paint.  I turned out better than I thought.  The nice thing about redoing this room was that there was much we left the same. 

When we did the nursery, we added the white beadboard and chair rail.  The dresser also stayed as we decided to keep the black furniture.  The bed frame, if you can believe it, was mine! Yup.  30 some years old.  We just had to repaint it black. 
Here it is!  The Trading Spaces moment The Boo saw her room!  She was so excited! 

Many of the details in the room were from IKEA or things I made/created.  I showed you the bulletin board I re-purposed here.
I kept the same ric-rak and ribbon motif on the curtains (purchased white curtains fro IKEA - then embellished).
We'll talk about the "blinds" another day.  GRRRR.  Let's just say, "saw this on Pinterest, nailed it."

I think my favorite thing in the room though is the display of The Boo's name.  Normally, in this blog, I try to not use my kids names for obvious reasons.  They didn't really ask to be part of mommy's outlet of crazy craftiness.  BUT, I have to show you.  You'll keep calling her The Boo anyway, right?  Cool.  I knew you were my squeezies. 
OOPS.  PJs!  I will share in a future post how I did this one.  It's easy peasy! 

Notice below that the "after" was cutting it so close for The Boo to be home, we didn't even get to add a picture to the frame!  I guess they are not just making it dramatic for television.
Let's take a look at the before and after one more time!
and AFTER!
I just love this room!  I have some many little things that went into the room I will be showing you in the next couple of weeks.  Including my fated blinds!

The best part of the room though is not how it looks but that every time someone comes to our home, out beautiful Boo asks if they would like to see her "big girl room."  Oh the love....

I would love to hear what you think!  Leave a comment, send an email.  Thanks so much for visiting today!  Come back again :).

Photobucket




Check it out!  I'm linking up to my favorite blog! 
Thrifty Decor Chick

4 Comments:

At October 14, 2012 at 12:31 AM , Blogger tweetjolie said...

back in the day I remember talking about making an upholstered headboard, and someone said to me, "you know how to do that?" and I replied, "well no, but I watch Trading Spaces" - over 11 years later and that damn headboard is still on my bucket list!

p.s. -the room is adorable!

 
At October 16, 2012 at 7:44 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Thanks Kristen! I loved Trading Spaces - you will get to the headboard! It will be as beautiful as the amazing Tweet Jolie products you make! I know you always inspire me. :)

 
At November 18, 2012 at 7:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the room. So adorable! Caron

 
At November 18, 2012 at 7:26 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Thanks so much!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home