<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: DIY GLITTER CANDLES - WITHOUT THE GLITTER MESS!

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

DIY GLITTER CANDLES - WITHOUT THE GLITTER MESS!

Happy Wednesday!  

Here's a super simple craft that you can throw together in about ten minutes!  Easy Peasy, right?!? It can decorate your house right through the holiday when you need an extra special touch.

I love all the glitter candles and well, glitter EVERYTHING that I see on Pinterest.  I have always avoided it though, because I tend to be a messy crafter.  Me? YES!  Even when I bake, my husband gives me the evil eye whenever he walks in the kitchen.  Tee hee.  

So this is my solution to avoid the glitter mess... Glitter Ribbon!  

Here's what you will need:  Glitter ribbon - any size/color you wish, pillar candles of your choice, glue dots, some holiday/winter baubles (pine cones, ornaments, peppermint candies, etc.), and a container to put it all in.  I chose my lanterns I normally use outdoors in the summer months.

Ok, are you ready for your 10 minute craft? Cut your ribbon the diameter of the candle so it overlaps just a bit.  Wrap it around the candle and glue dot it to hold it together.  You can make it stripes or add ribbon to the whole candle!
Place the candle inside your container, clear vase, etc.  (I used a bowl to prop my candle up a bit) 

Now add your baubles.  I am using cinnamon scented pine cones and cinnamon sticks for mine.  
Ta DA!  Easy quick craft that looks great and doesn't create a mess.  Plus, because it is just glue dots, you can remove the ribbon after using it and start all over again for another season!
Hope you are enjoying creating lots of good things for the holidays!  Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by! Feel free to share your own 10 minute craft too!  

Photobucket



2 Comments:

At December 19, 2012 at 7:42 PM , Anonymous mom said...

great idea....love the layout!! It looks great.

 
At December 22, 2012 at 6:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it....always looking for lanterns on sale at the end of summer....looks great....!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home