<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: LADY BUG LAMP

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

LADY BUG LAMP

Hello there!

After a crazy couple of weeks (hurricane!), I think we are finally starting to feel back to normal.  I wanted to share with you one of the fun projects I did for the Boo's Ladybug Room

I wanted a cool lamp, but didn't want it to be too over the top.  The red I was going to paint on the wall was making me nervous, so I decided to make the accessories simple.  Here is the finished product.
This is how easy peasy this was! I saw this lamp and lampshade at Target (is there anywhere else?!?!) and knew it would be perfect.  I also bought a simple plastic grass mat and some sparkly clay.
I made a ladybug out of the clay.  It was fun to make something with my own hands.  (If this was anything but a ladybug though, I would have asked BFF The Enabler to mold something as she creates amazing things with fondant)  It would be fun to give clay to your kids too and let them make the animals.  
The glass lamp is completely open on the bottom so I placed the mat underneath and trimmed off the excess with utility scissors.
I also plucked off all the extra grass and added it into the lamp to make the mat a bit more full.  Waste not! 

Here it is all finished up and in Boo's room.  I just love the lady bug inside there. SQUEAL!
Just think!! You could get the same lamp and add mounds of sand paper and then mold dinosaurs or race cars... You could mold butterflies and add them to wire and attach them to a grass mat to make it look like they were flying around.... OR you could get branches from outside and place them in the lamp with a molded owl... Oh boy... I could go on!  Such fun things!

I hope you are having a great week!  Please feel free to pin the pics and leave a comment to let me know you stopped by!! I would love to hear from you!
Photobucket
******UPDATE******** I'm SUPER excited to adding this post to the Creating With Stars Contest over at East Coast Creative!! I love those fellow PA girls!!  Please hop on over to the party and click on my link... Please, pretty please!  One of the entrys with the most click overs gets to be one the contestants!!!




Creating with the Stars



2 Comments:

At November 14, 2012 at 5:23 PM , Anonymous G said...

Lovely!!!What a lucky little girl!!

 
At November 14, 2012 at 5:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love, Love, Love it!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home