<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: VALENTINE'S DAY - BROWNIE POP BOUQUETS

Monday, January 7, 2013

VALENTINE'S DAY - BROWNIE POP BOUQUETS

Happy New Year All! 

I am so ready to get a new year going with new ideas and more changes to the house!  I have many plans and always run short on time, but we'll see what we can get done to share with you!

Today, I wanted to share some yummy goodness in gift form with you for Valentine's Day.  I do love me some heart day!  I made these gifts a couple of years ago, and thought I would pass it on!  Brownie Pop Bouquets!! Hmm.. a bouquet of chocolate for our Valentine's? Could it get any better?  
I was searching blogland hoping to find the perfect teacher gift for my kids' fabulous daycare ladies (and gents!) and I came across this idea from Shannon at The Shopping Mama.  I decided to give it a try!

I bought the brownie pop pans for Wilton (believe me, they get a lot of use - they are a great bake sale item for kids!) and just used a brownie mix!  
The only thing I have found that works better for me is to bake the cookie sticks into the brownies.  They don't look as perfect at the bottom - kind of uneven - but they stay on the stick better.

I dipped them in dark chocolate and then V-Day Sprinkles.  I decorated vases from the dollar store with ribbon, hearts and added red heart gems I purchased in the dollar section at Target, along with Valentine's Day paper to use for my flowers for only a buck a Target! Score!!
 I added a mini cupcake wrapper to each pop and my trusty Cricut cut out the flowers that were placed behind the wrappers.  The scrumptious hubby kindly helped me tie each stick with ribbon... awww... such a gem he is.  

Here's where I ran into a bit of a snag.  I baked two brownie mixes worth of pops.  I was picturing HUGE bouquets for each teacher.  Yeah, only about 6 fit into a vase nicely.  

So, I plopped the rest into a tall basket I had (without the flowers and such) and took it along for everyone at the daycare.  They all deserved a little love, right?  
I know many teachers don't necessarily like sweets, but I'm a sucker for a brownie and it turns out, so are they.  They were a huge hit.  
We did wrap each vase in clear plastic bags so that they were not dried out.  The bouquets turned out very cute and I was thrilled to be handing out "brownie bouquets" for Valentine's Day.  
I hope you have a wonderful LOVE day.  You could even make these brownie flowers and hand them out at your office - what a nice way to tell someone they are special!!  

Have a great day and thanks for visiting!!
Photobucket





I'm linking up over at:
The Shabby Nest



52 Mantels


2 Comments:

At February 2, 2013 at 6:08 AM , Blogger Cindy Eikenberg, Little Miss Celebration said...

Hi Cheryl, saw your cute brownie pop bouquet over at the link party at 52 Mantels and wanted to pop over to say hello. These are very cute and I love the idea of handing them out at the office! My colleagues would "love" it, they are always ready for a sweet treat! Thanks for sharing this, am pinning and glad I found my way to your blog. (love your football post, too!) Have a wonderful weekend! ~Cindy, littlemisscelebration.com

 
At February 2, 2013 at 8:08 AM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Thanks so much Cindy! I'm so glad you stopped by to say hello :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home