<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: MINI PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CHEESECAKES

Friday, March 29, 2013

MINI PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CHEESECAKES


Happy Easter All!  It's Good Friday and I'm excited to be sharing something yummy with you!
My husband's family is not big on dessert.  They generally don't have it with a family dinner (GASP! I know).  But, every Easter, they have always had pineapple upside-down cake.  It's the one holiday they have a dessert tradition.  I thought I would throw a little twist on it for them this year - Pineapple Upside Down Cheesecakes!  
When I first took these out of the pans, I was disappointed.  I thought they were a huge fail.  Turns out, a few hours in the fridge was all they needed!  (plus, a little help from the scrumptious hubby and The Enabler with the taste testing)

Pineapple Upside-Down Mini Cheesecakes

1 can pineapple slices, drained
1 cup brown sugar 
1/2 cup butter
1 box pineapple cake mix and ingredients to prepare
2 - 8oz. packages cream cheese (light is ok)
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
jar of maraschino cherries

I used a mini cheesecake pan, but I think this would work better with a muffin tin or even the small individual squares pan.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Melt the butter over low heat, add brown sugar and stir over low heat until brown sugar dissolves.  Prepare cake mix per instructions on the box.  In another bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar.  Add one egg at a time mixing on low until combined.  Spray the pan with cooking spray.  

In each individual opening, place 1 tsp brown sugar and then top with pieces of pineapple (I just broke mine apart to fit).  Top with 1 tbsp cheesecake mixture and then 1 tbsp of pineapple cake batter.  

You may want to adjust the tbsp or tsp of batters per the size of your pan.  Just do not fill them more than 3/4 full.  Bake for 23-26 minutes).  Remove from oven and cool 10 min.  Run a knife around the edge and carefully tip out.  Cake should be on the bottom.  Once completely cooled, refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.  Before serving, top each with cherries.  Makes 36.  

Note:  You can also make this in a cake pan (9 inch), but I would not add all of the cake batter.  
YUM! YUM!  Fresh and fun! I hope you enjoy!  Have a wonderful holiday weekend!
Photobucket




Linking up to these fantastic blog parties!! Go check them out!
Love of Family and Home Inspire Me Please Party
Six Sister's Stuff - Strut Your Stuff
Sew Can Do Easter-ific Craftastic Link Party
Sumo's Sweet Stuff Market Yourself Monday
Not Just a Housewife - Show me What ya Got
Lil\'Luna

4 Comments:

At March 30, 2013 at 5:45 AM , Blogger Cindy Eikenberg, Little Miss Celebration said...

These look so pretty and delicious!!! I love small desserts like this, though my hubby would devour them in one sitting, probably!! Thanks for sharing the recipe, am pinning!!! Happy Easter and have a wonderful weekend! I just realized we are practically blogging neighbors...I am in Maryland! ~Cindy@littlemisscelebration.com

 
At March 30, 2013 at 5:50 AM , Anonymous the mom said...

These look yummy and fancy for a great party platter! Great idea, anything with cream cheese is one of my favorites.

 
At March 30, 2013 at 1:32 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Happy Easter Cindy! High five from the state lines! Have a great weekend! ~Hugs, Cheryl

 
At July 4, 2013 at 8:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gonna try to make these tomorrow for my friends Hawaiian themed party! They look so yummy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home