<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: RAINBOW RUFFLED T-SHIRT DRESS

Monday, March 11, 2013

RAINBOW RUFFLED T-SHIRT DRESS

Hey! Hey! Hey!  Happy Monday to ya.  I am feeling fantastic after this weekend, aren't you?  It was so beautiful here in the Northeast that the time change couldn't even get us down.  My arm is still sore from continuously pushing The Boo on the swings!

So.... 'member when I told you I did something else with the t-shirts from my rainbow headbands last week? A bunch of old t-shirts in rainbow colors- I knew exactly what I wanted to make for The Boo for St. Patty's Day.   
Super fun!  OK, so here's the lowdown.  This was not my original idea.  I was "pin-spired" by this t-shirt dress by Ashley over at MakeIt-LoveIt.  She made this ADORBS Valentine's Dress and I was smitten.  

When I found the "rainbow" t-shirts, it hit me - follow Ashley's instructions, but use a rainbow shape for St. Patrick's Day instead!  
I even had these tights picked out for The Boo.  They worked out perfect!  She  was so excited about modeling for you.  
Lots of spinning going on; her favorite thing to do.  And certainly a beautiful weekend to be outside dancing!  
I did follow Ashley's awesome instructions to do this project.  The only thing I did different was to cut out a different shape.  Don't forget to go over and check hers out.  The tutorial was perfect!
I did get my sides a bit too tight; I wanted more of an a-line, but overall it is sooo cute.  The Boo is happy to wear it for school and it only cost me $2.50 for the over-sized grey t-shirt. 
I waited quite a while to make this, so the finished result makes me grin from ear-to-ear, while patting myself on the back.  LOL.  I love it when a plan comes together!  

Do you have a project you have been dying to try? I would love to hear from you!  C'mon over to Facebook or Pinterest and like or follow the blog.  I love to hear from all of you!! Thanks for stopping by! 
Photobucket





I'm linking up with these fantastic blogs:

Skip To My LouLil\'Luna
 


Craft-O-Maniac
Someday Crafts
So You Think You're Crafty


10 Comments:

At March 11, 2013 at 3:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE!!!! LOVE!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!! and I love little Boo too....xoxoxo

 
At March 11, 2013 at 3:40 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Thank you, my friend! She loves you too- you waffle! XOXOXO

 
At March 11, 2013 at 4:05 PM , Anonymous the mom said...

A great job by Mommy and Boo!!! wish I cld still wear that kind of dress..love ya the mom

 
At March 11, 2013 at 4:09 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Thanks mema! Xoxo

 
At March 11, 2013 at 11:36 PM , Blogger Kirstin said...

Love it! And the tights are awesome too :)

 
At March 12, 2013 at 3:11 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Thanks so much Kirstin!

 
At March 14, 2013 at 11:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super cute!! I love tweaking a project and making it more personal. Also love pinterest. And ruffles. And this outfit. Good job! :)

 
At March 14, 2013 at 5:16 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Thank you so much! I'm so happy you like it, thanks for stopping over and saying hello!

 
At March 18, 2013 at 6:46 PM , Blogger The Preppy Strawberry said...

I love it! I love anything with ruffles - super cute! Saw your post on Sew can do blog hop. - Newest follower ;)

Amy@ThePreppyStrawberry

 
At March 19, 2013 at 6:06 AM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Hi Amy! Thanks so much for the comment and for stopping over! ~Hugs, Cheryl

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home