<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: SPRING MANTEL DECOR

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

SPRING MANTEL DECOR

Howdy!  I hope your day is going great today!  I am so happy walking into my dining room right now and wanted to share the reason: SPRING has arrived!  Well... at least in our decor.

I don't really have a mantel in the traditional sense, but I like to think of my hutch as my place to get my mantel on.  This season, it has a little something extra special on it.  
In January, we lost my Nana.  (Mom, stop reading and just look at the pretty pictures)  I can't say enough about my she"nana"gans. She was so fun and devious - thus the nickname.  She even owned and ran a fabric shop back in the day, and loved to be crafty.

So, I was honored that my family allowed me to have all of her "milk glass."  I am a tad obsessed with dishes.  The combination of my Great-Grandma's blue mason jars and my Nana's milk glass makes me feel surrounded by generations of love.  I know, cheesy.  This was my inspiration for spring.
The one fun thing I added in to add to the simplicity was to water color my own paper to make the butterflies.  
I also made coffee paper flowers and tinted them with food coloring.  
I just love the combination of the aqua and orange.  It is light and fresh.  Plus, adding in some green moss kept the natural texture of spring.  

My absolute favorite piece of glass from Nana is this blue pedestal.  OH. my. goodness.  How a-mazing, right?!!? Can you see the tulips on the sides?? 
This is my centerpiece on our table.  I didn't do an entire tablescape as I was just too excited to use the milk glass - I didn't even break out my spring dishes yet!  
Wow. Simple. Aqua. Orange. HAPPY girl.  That Nana would be proud, and using my middle name to show her amusement at me calling her She'nana'gins! The temperatures this weekend just added to the spring fever I've got going on!!
Everything looks so delicate and well, for lack of a better word at the moment, SPRINGY!  The temperatures this weekend just added to the spring fever I've got going on!! 

Have you decorated for spring yet?  Getting ready for a little E.B. (BOK BOK)?  Thanks for visiting!  I'm so glad you are here.  Please feel free to share a little comment love or pin the images.  Hugs!!
Photobucket





I'm linking up with these incredible blogs:

{LINK}
All Things with Purpose

8 Comments:

At March 12, 2013 at 9:05 PM , Blogger Cindy Eikenberg, Little Miss Celebration said...

Cheryl, of course I would visit! Your mantel looks gorgeous and I love the white glass! So pretty! Going to follow you! :) ~Cindy@littlemisscelebration.com

 
At March 13, 2013 at 11:44 AM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Thank you so much!! :) Squeezies! C

 
At March 13, 2013 at 6:35 PM , Blogger Pam Kessler said...

I stopped by from the Dog Days party and fell in love with your milk glass. You did such a cute job of decorating with it. I pinned your mason jars with butterflies too. You have some great ideas!

 
At March 13, 2013 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Hi Pam! Thank you so much for the sweet comment! I'm so happy you came over to say hello! ~Hugs! Cheryl

 
At March 14, 2013 at 3:25 PM , Blogger Julia Forshee said...

I was wanting to change up my decorations for Spring, and now I know just what to do. So Cute!! I recently started a Thursday link-up party (yes, today:), and I would really love to see this post and/or any others you would like to include. I am at allthingswithpurpose.com. Hope to see you there and for many more Thursday's to come!!

 
At March 14, 2013 at 5:18 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Thanks Julia! I'm so glad you stopped by!! ~Hugs, Cheryl

 
At March 17, 2013 at 3:15 PM , Blogger All Things with Purpose said...

Thank you for joining our Thursday link party over at All Things with Purpose! We're featuring you today in our Link Party Favorites post :)

 
At January 27, 2014 at 3:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my goodness - I love all your displays with the window box. I pinned a bunch to my pinterest for the other girls at work to see.
-Anita from King's Homestead

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home