<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: MARIO KART PARTY

Thursday, January 24, 2013

MARIO KART PARTY

Welcome!  What could be better than a kid birthday party, right?  Kids are so excited about a party - wide-eyed and smiling from ear to ear - melts me into a large Mommy puddle.  

The Bug (my son) decided he would like a Mario Kart Party this time around.  I was completely excited about it.  Mario games are so bright and colorful! I made the cake out of an 11X15 pan and then built it up to look like a track.  
I had tried fondant last year with the Toy Story Cake, and it turned out great, but it was a waste pulling off all the fondant before we ate it.  Most of our family expects lots and lots of buttercream!  
This cake did not disappoint. I just love the chocolate rocks from Duff!! (I got them at Walmart) 

I made plenty of tissue paper balls to hang up in our basement and added a few Mario elements!  Stars were just made of paper and I drew on the eyes.  
I made the mushrooms from a paper lantern that I added white paper dots and bottom to make it look like the mushrooms in the game.
My favorite element though was the chompers!  I took a black balloon and just added paper eyes and a mouth.  I glued it to the balloon with glue dots.  They were super fun!
One other item I made with paper was Bananas!! I rolled up a piece of yellow cardstock into a tube, twisted one end to make it look like the stem and then cut the other end into 3 pieces (cutting each end to a point).  they are too stinkin' cute!
FOOD!  If you have read about any of my parties before now, you know I love a "build-your-own" food bar of some type.  They make me happy!!  For this party, we had build your own grilled cheese sandwich.  YUM! 
To make the building go a bit easier for all, we came up with 4 main sandwich ideas and named them to go with the Mario Kart theme.  I bought dollar store frames and printed them out.  
They turned out great and prep for the food was minimal - just the way I like it!! 

We also made sure everyone was dressed the part with a 'stache!  Hilarious!
The most fun that we had at the party though was our Mario Kart Tournament!  I reused the giant chalkboard I made for my Mom's County Fair party and drew up a bracket.
Everyone in our family are such sports when it comes to our kids, they had a great time playing.  I mean, what could be more fun than watching my Grandpa playing a video game.... the good news is The Bug won his own tourney.  If you are thinking that everyone let him win.... nope, Pappy (my Dad) was completely into it, and he doesn't like to lose.  LOL.  It really was a fun day!

Please feel free to "pin" any images!  It will probably make me dance with glee. ;)  Thanks so much for stopping to visit... come on back anytime!
Photobucket

2 Comments:

At February 26, 2013 at 1:03 PM , Blogger Allie said...

Great job, Mama! I'm sure you all had a blast! Now watch out for that rainbow road!

 
At March 30, 2022 at 8:43 AM , Blogger LLL17 said...

How did you stick the lantern to the base please? And what did you use to stick the paper dots on? Do you think spray pain would work for the white dots? Sorry I’m not very crafty but promised to make these for a hen do!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home