<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: VALENTINE'S DAY WREATH

Monday, January 21, 2013

VALENTINE'S DAY WREATH

Happy Day All!

I wanted to share a quick project for a Valentine's Day.  I made this pretty wreath last spring with a few things I had around the craft room.  
I just love the look of these satin roses.  They are romantic and so pretty!  A perfect combination for Valentine's Day.  So, here's what I did.  I cut out pieces of pink satin into flower shapes just like I did for The Boo's Bulletin Board.  
I singed the edges to make them curl up and then layered them until they were looking pretty.  (Watch out for burned fingers!!)  I used needle and thread to hold all the layers and also add beads for the center of each flower.  
I cut out green ribbon for leaves and singed the edges of those too.  It helps them to curl up just a bit.  

The cool thing about these types of flowers is that they are not symmetrical and you can add as many layers to make it look just the way you want. 

I added a burlap pennant with paper cut-out letters (thank goodness for my Cricut!) and threaded some ribbon through to connect it all together.  
It turned out great and I didn't spend any additional money!  I had everything in random stashes from leftover projects.  WOO HOO!  
Happy Valentine's Day!  I'd love to hear about your wreaths - please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by! 

I'm linking up over at Tip Junkie!
Tip Junkie
Remodelaholic Link Party
Love of Family and Home

Photobucket

5 Comments:

At January 19, 2014 at 5:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute wreath! I really like the burlap pennant!

Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

 
At January 20, 2014 at 2:21 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Thanks T'onna! Hugs, Cheryl

 
At January 23, 2014 at 11:03 PM , Anonymous Allison@ ProjectGoble.com said...

I've been looking for the perfect DIY Valentine's Day wreath (and one that I've got most of the stuff for already) and yours is PERFECT! I already have an undecorated wreath, scraps of burlap (made my first burlap banner two weeks ago), just got a Silhouette for Christmas, leftover rhinestones from our wedding decor, now all I have to do is find or make the pink flowers, pick out a sheet of card stock, and locate my pink ribbon. Thanks for sharing!!!

 
At January 25, 2014 at 8:14 AM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Hi Allison! Thanks for the sweet comment! I do love when I can make something with things I already have around from leftover projects - it makes my day too! Have fun and thanks for stopping by! Hugs, Cheryl

 
At January 28, 2014 at 12:05 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

This is one of the sweetest wreaths out there. Those flowers are darling! I think it would look pretty all the way through spring!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home