<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: FATHER'S DAY GIFT - LOTS OF LOVE FOR LITTLE $$

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

FATHER'S DAY GIFT - LOTS OF LOVE FOR LITTLE $$

Howdy!  How was your weekend? Ours was full of work, work, work with a spatter of baseball!  

I wanted to share a fun (NO $$!!!) Father's Day idea for those of you with a concrete or paved driveway.  (What, you don't know anyone with a dirt driveway?!? I think I still know dirt roads... no, really)

The kiddos and I did this last year for the scrumptious hubs and he was touched.  First, on Father's Day, send him out for a bit to do something he enjoys with a friend.  Then GET TO WORK!

Using sidewalk chalk, we drew a huge heart in our driveway to express our super-sized love.  
After we were done coloring it in - I grabbed a chair and had the kids "lay" next to the chalk drawing.  

Weird, they didn't want to fully lay on their backs... and to get a 2 year-old and 5 year-old to just look at me at the same time was an accomplishment!
I snapped a bunch of pictures and then printed the picture out as an 8X10 just on paper.  You could use photo paper if you have it, or even run to the local drugstore to have them print in minutes.  

I used a frame I had leftover from The Bug's Mario Kart Party.  We made cards and baked him his favorite cupcakes.  It was all out on the table when he got back.  

Not only was he surprised and happy when he pulled in to the driveway, but he was able to always remember it in a picture with the kids in it! 

It was a perfect way to show him how much we appreciate and love him!

Have a great day!!
Follow on Pinterest / Like on Facebook
Photobucket





Sharing with these lovely ladies parties!
I Heart Naptime
Skip to My Lou
Craft-O-Maniac
Lil' Luna
Not Just A Housewife
Someday Crafts
Mom On Time Out
Reasons to Skip the Housework
House of Hepworths
Love of Family and Home

2 Comments:

At June 14, 2013 at 12:38 AM , Blogger Miranda @ Someday Crafts said...

This is such a sweet idea! I also love the idea to take a picture of it to remember. We'll be featuring this over at Someday Crafts tomorrow :)

 
At June 14, 2013 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Thanks so much Miranda! I am so excited to be featured at Someday Crafts!! You made my weekend!! Have a good one and thanks again! Hugs, Cheryl

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home