<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: MEMORIAL DAY POPPY PARTY - WITH PARTY CITY

Saturday, May 16, 2015

MEMORIAL DAY POPPY PARTY - WITH PARTY CITY

Hey there!

Happy almost summer!  YAY! The temps are getting warmer, the sun is making days outside beautiful with blooms, and the pollen is killing us.  Am I right?  

The official start of summer is right around the corner - Memorial Day! It is a day we take to remember those we have lost in our military.  When I was a kid, I remember buying fabric poppies to signify this remembrance.  We had one hanging on our rear view mirror and we always put them in our pencil cups.  I wanted to use poppies this year to continue that honor.

Lucky for me, Party City has everything I need for party supplies.  I am a frequent visitor for the kids parties too.  They get very excited about the character party supplies.  
I started with this napkin as my inspiration and decided to use their new candy buffet line as a "build your own" bar instead.  These plastic bins and all of their candy line is inexpensive and can be used again and again!  Totally love it!
In a twist on the BBQ idea, we had grilled "build your own" pizzas!  I have done this before for parties, and everyone really enjoys making their own creation. Grilling the pizzas makes them taste fantastic!
Party City also has this super adorable picnic line out right now.... can I just say red gingham?! Love! The chalkboard sign is perfect to use for so many things.
For dessert I decided to use the gingham ice cream cups (they come with their own little spoon!) to make poppy flower dirt cups.  Pudding and Oreo goodness topped off with a fondant poppy.  I will have to show you how I made these soon.  
Drinks and sangria topped off the party - don't forget to add your poppies to the sangria with watermelon and red grapes!  
Ok, here is the most awesome thing about all of this though - tablecloths.  Plastic tablecloths. You cannot beat the quality of Party City compared to the dollar store ones and the truth is, you can use them for sooo many things.  I made a backdrop but cutting and connecting different colors and did the same thing for each of our posts on the gazebo.  They look fantastic and like a fabric swag.  Simple, inexpensive decorations! 
The hanging lanterns come in pack of three and I love them.  It really makes me happy to have all the colors match the plates, napkins, etc. and that is what is cool about going to Party City.  I did use their tissue paper to make a few red red poppies on the white lanterns.  Tied everything together for me.  
For the table, I added flowers (real and fake - can you guess which?) to my blue mason jars and used appetizer cups to add a flower place setting for my guests.  They can take it home to plant :).
These are a couple of our YUMMO grilled pizzas! I hope you have a wonderful day of remembrance for those who have served and lost their lives for our freedom.  Happy Memorial Day Y'all!

Disclaimer: All party supplies were provided to me by Party City.  All decor choices, party planning and opinions are all me.  They are awesome and you should visit http://www.partycity.com/ to help you with your next event!

Thanks to all who helped me make this possible. You know who you are - pat yourselves on the back!  Also, last note just for me... love you, j.  

XO, Cheryl

Follow me on Pinterest / Like us on Facebook / Follow on Instagram

Linking up with these great blogs:
Link Party Palooza - I Heart Naptime

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home