<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: KITCHEN CURTAINS... FINALLY

Friday, April 13, 2012

KITCHEN CURTAINS... FINALLY

Whew!  Finally... the kitchen curtains are up.  I need to start making a list of the things we have intended to do but let sit for months.  I'm embarrassed to say I think it would be pretty long.  *blushing*

Last week I showed the new kitchen light and removal of the cabinet connector piece.  I was so excited to show it off that it looked really unfinished. 

When we bought the light last June (oh yeah, that long ago) I went, in excitement, and purchased this fabric at Joann's.
It was a perfect tie in from the dining room redo we were in the process of completing to the kitchen.  Isn't it PUUURRTY?!?!  Well, while waiting for the light to be put in, I did take down the valance and blinds that were originally there.  I really hate those white plastic blinds.  Functional, but uuug-ly.

I replaced it with a rod and just put fabric napkins on the rings to go with the season.  When the light was up, I realized that the rod was a bit low.  Insert hubby-do.  Look at that skill. ;)
I just did a simple hem by taking a shirt box (HA, you can even see old tape on it), marking a one inch line across one side and folded the fabric over it to iron.  Ironing goes a long way when doing a hem.  Believe me, I am only an ironing kinda girl for sewing.  Our clothes, nada. 
All that was left was to sew it up and hang it.  Let me tell you, I feel such happiness with the light that this fabric could only be like ice cream on top of a piece of really yummy apple pie... Here is how it looks now
What a difference from ucky blinds and that connector.  Open and fresh. 
We do still need to putty the holes and repaint the walls, but I'm debating on the color.  Plus, I am sticking my toe in the water of repainting the kitchen cabinets this summer.  My best buddy, The Enabler, has me almost convinced, and she says she will help!  WOO HOO.  I think she's just as sick of the cabinets as I am and she doesn't actually live here. 

Let's take one last look right by the light

Sigh... magnificant.  At least to me.  What's up with you?  Do you have any redos planned for this weekend?  Thanks for spending some time with me!

Photobucket


3 Comments:

At April 13, 2012 at 11:11 PM , Anonymous Ginna said...

They look amazing! And how about Josh's arms?!

 
At March 26, 2013 at 6:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you happen to know what fabric this is or if it is still available? It is exactly the color combo Ive been looking for to pull my open concept living room/dining room together but I'm not sure how to go about looking for it. Is it a home décor fabric?

 
At March 26, 2013 at 6:56 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Hello! Sure, the fabric was purchased at joann fabrics, is home decor fabric by Better Homes and Gardens - Jayda Bramble. It is still available as far as I know. I just it last week when I was at joann's. Hope this helps!! Thanks for stopping by!! ~Cheryl

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home